Sunette Brittz, MD of Legal Sense, is an experienced legal advisor who is passionate about helping people and solving legal problems. She and business partner Jonathan Leonard, and a group of dedicated attorneys, have discovered an innovative way of empowering small and medium businesses.
“The SME sector has as much right to legal protection as any other market segment,” says Brittz. “Our company offers cost-effective legal insurance for small and medium businesses. We provide our clients with cover for their legal expenses, and we also help them with legal advice on day-to-day business activities.” In today’s fast-paced environment, small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) need to understand their business, trading and employment rights more than ever before. At the same time, the costs of legal advice and action are expensive and, in some cases, unaffordable. The inability to take advantage of the law can put the brakes on even the best companies, leaving them unable to compete in South Africa’s aggressive economy.
Legal expenses cover
Legal Sense’s Business Cover policy is an insurance product developed specifically for SMEs and covers legal costs and expenses and professional representation. It includes a free 24-hour telephonic legal advisory service for the following:
- Civil action instituted by or against the business
- Criminal action instituted against the business
- Legal action by or against the business on labour related matters
- Civil and criminal action instituted by or against the South African Revenue Services
- The drafting of all business related agreements and company policies
- Debt collection
- Customer, trading partner and supplier disputes
“We provide clients with up to R250 000 worth of legal expenses cover per year, from only R250 per month, plus free legal advice 24 hours a day,” says Brittz. “That means you have a nationwide expert team of lawyers working for you.”
24-Hour free legal advice
Legal Sense offers advice on employee contracts, customer and supplier contracts, tax issues, disciplinary procedures, compliance and regulation processes and a host of other business issues.
“Companies often have to deal with difficult legal issues like employee disputes, customers who don’t pay, lawsuits for faulty products or services, partnerships that turn sour and a host of other unpleasant and expensive legal matters,” notes Brittz. “With Legal Sense’s experienced and reputable team on call, our clients will not suffer the impact of these events.”
Your 24-hour legal partner
What you get: A 24-hour legal partner to fulfil all your daily legal requirements, plus R250 000 legal expenses insurance cover per year, with no excess payable.
We offer advice and assistance on:
- Daily business matters
- Commercial law
- Theft and fraud
- Employment issues
- Debt collecting
- Legal disputes with customers, trading partners and creditors
- Compliance with legislation and regulations
What you pay per month:
- 1-30 employees – R250
- 31-50 employees – R450
- 51-100 employees – R1 000
The benefits of Legal Sense cover include:
- Proactive legal advice and assistance
- Mitigation of business risk and unexpected legal costs
- Peace of mind that your business is safeguarded against unexpected legal action and the associated costs
- Assurance that your business is fully compliant will all relevant legislation
Who carries the risk?
Legal Sense’s Business Legal Cover policy is underwritten by Resolution Insurance Company.
For more information
Call 0861 LSENSE (0861 573 673), or visit www.legalsense.co.za