- Company name: Absa
- Contact number: + 27 11 350 4000
- Postal address: PO Box 7757, Johannesburg,2000.
- Physical address: 170 Main Street, Johannesburg.
- Website address: www.absa.co.za
- Established: 1991
The Absa Group Limited (Absa), listed on the JSE Limited, is one of South Africa’s largest financial services groups offering a complete range of banking, assurance and wealth management products and services. Absa’s business is conducted primarily in South Africa. It also has equity holdings in banks in Mozambique and Tanzania and representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria.
Are you an aspiring black entrepreneur with a great business idea, but lack the knowledge to get it going? Maybe your circumstances don’t let you qualify for normal bank credit despite having a potentially profitable business opportunity? Then the small and Medium Enterprise Fund offered by Absa, may address your needs.
The Small and Medium Enterprise Fund will arrange business finance from R10 000 to R1 500 000 to suit your business funding needs (Note: maximum and minimum loan amounts differ according to province). You may require finance for working capital, business expansion, and bridging requirements to execute tenders or contracts.
- Your business will have 100% BEE ownership
- You will be involved in the business on a full-time basis
- You do not qualify for traditional bank credit due to a lack of a credit rating, security or your own capital
- You require a loan that is no more than R500 000/R1 500 000
- You would like transactional bank facilities and electronic bank solutions
- Are happy to bank only with Absa
- Your work is dependent on being able to guarantee your business products and services.