Company name: The Dti
Contact telephone number: 0861 843 384
Postal address: Private Bag X84, Pretoria, 000
Physical address: 77 Meintjies Street, Sunnyside, Pretoria, 0002
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: www.thedti.gov.za
The vision of the dti is of a South Africa that has a vibrant economy, characterised by growth, employment and equity, built on the full potential of all citizens. To achieve this, the dti has become an outwardly-focused, customer-centric organisation.
The Co-operative Incentive Scheme (CIS) is a 90:10 matching cash grant for registered primary co-operatives (a primary co-operative consists of five or more members). The CIS is an incentive for cooperative enterprises in the emerging economy to acquire competitive business development services and the maximum grant that can be offered to one co-operative entity under the scheme is R350 000.
- Be incorporated and registered in South Africa in terms of the Co-operatives Act of 1991;
- Be operating or will operate in the emerging sector;
- Adhere to co-operative principles;
- Be an emerging co-operative owned by historically disadvantaged individuals;
- Be rural and semi-urban biased; and
- Be biased towards women, youth and people with disability.
Qualifying criteria for the incentive scheme:
- Business development services;
- Business profile development;
- Feasibility studies/market research;
- Production efficiency;
- Technological improvement projects;
- Plants and machinery;
- Start-up requirements; and
- Working capital requirements.