Khula SME Fund
Offered by Khula Enterprise Finance Ltd, this government funds aim is to grow and increase sustainability of small businesses.
The purpose of the fund is to:
- Offers SME’s early-stage and expansion capital
- Offer early-stage debt funding to business that meet the criteria
- Support SME’s in rural and peri-urban areas
- Improve the business owners access to finance
- Grow businesses so they can create new jobs
- Encourage meaningful economic involvement of black South Africans
- Foster entrepreneurship for men and women within the SME sector.
How to Apply for Khula Funding?
The following are the requirements for business wanting to apply for Khula government fund:
- South African SME who have a majority share in their company and who are seeking to start and/or grow their company.
- South African SME’s who have a majority share in their business that is in rural areas.
Contact Khula for funding
- Business that are eligible and need funding can contact Khula at: +27 (0)11 807 8464.
- To apply for Khula funding, visit the SEFA website http://www.sefa.org.za/, you can either submit your application online or you can print it out and submit to their physical offices. You can see the contact information for both online and physical submissions for the Khula Fund here.