Black Business Supplier Development Programme (BBSDP)
The Black Business Supplier Development Programme (BBSDP) is a cost-sharing grant that offers black-owned businesses improve their competitiveness and sustainability.
This government grant does not support start-ups, only the expansions of existing business.
The aim of this government grant is to fast-track small and micro-enterprises, encourage links between black-owned businesses, corporates and public sector as well as to complement affirmative procurement and outsourcing.
It provides black entrepreneurs with a grant to a maximum of R1 million.
Do You Qualify for the BBSDP government grant?
- Your business must be a CIPC Registered company or corporation
- 50.1% black owned (Black, Indian or Coloured) or more
- Management team 50% Black
- Trading for at least one year and have financial statements to prove turnover.
- Turnover must be between R250k and R35m per annum
- Valid SARS tax clearance and Vat registered if turnover is greater than R1 000 000.
How to apply for the BBSDP government grant
The following are the documentation that you need to apply for the BBSDP grant:
- CIPC Company registration documents (proof of ownership and shareholding)
- Certified ID of all Directors/ members
- Certified ID of all managers/ staff training (if applicable)
- Certified financial statements for latest financial year (three years if available)
- Management accounts for current year
- Valid SARS tax clearance (with 3 months to expiry or get a new one)
- VAT registration document (where applicable)
- 3 Months bank statements
- 3 Quotations (comparable) for every intervention
- Declaration appointing Graphit as the consultant.
- Company diagnostic questionnaire and application typed on template supplied by Graphit. Please send back as a Word Document
- Domicillium form
- Bank confirmation of your 50% contribution (Will you be able to get finance for your 50% or 20% contribution.) (Clear credit record)
To apply you will need to email all your documentation, all your documents need to be in a PDF format except your application form, which needs to be in word format. Please send them as individual documents.