STEP 9: Get your Ohio business license and permits
Generally, every business in Ohio that would like to trade will need to get a business license, which is received once you have registered your business.
But there also may be more specific business licenses and permits that you may need – depending on your industry and the services that your business is offering.
Different licenses and permits are required by different state agencies – for more information around what these may be, visit the Ohio Business Gateway Licenses & Permits page for a list of professional licenses and business permits.
You should also contact your county and local government to find out whether there are any special permits of licenses for your type of business.
- Commerce, Ohio Department of: Liquor Control Division
- Development, Ohio Department of
- Health, Ohio Department of: Vital Records
- Insurance, Ohio Department of
- Internal Revenue Service, United States Department of the Treasury
- Job and Family Services, Ohio Department of
- Taxation, Ohio Department of
- Workers’ Compensation, Ohio Bureau of
- The U.S. Small Business Administration – Columbus District
- The U.S. Small Business Administration – Cleveland District
- Ohio Business Gateway: Licensing and Permits