How it works
- The programme lasts for six months, at the end of which entrepreneurs should be pitch-ready and have a business plan in place for the next round of funding.
- Teams will receive between $25 000 and $50 000. The capital from angel investors will be exchanged for equity (10%).
- Furnished office space and bandwidth is provided for the duration of the programme.
- Umbono teams have access to Bandwidth Barn’s VeloCITI programmes covering all topics relevant to an emerging business.
- Teams will have regular access to Google’s extensive network of business and technology experts. Each team is paired with a Google Power Mentor for weekly interactions.
While applications officially closed at the end of April, the process remains open year-round depending on quantity and quality of applicants.