The Green Expo is taking place in the Mother City at the Cape Town Convention Centre from 23 – 25 November.
The expo is expected to draw thousands of visitors, from the most environmentally-savvy eco warriors to those just discovering sustainability and the concept of “going green”.
What can you see?
In association with National Geographic Channel, The Green Expo 2012 will showcase some of the world’s most innovative products, services and eco-design and provide practical green solutions to consumers and businesses.
With the expo byline Sustainability is your Responsibility underpinning the event, complex issues of climate change, biodiversity, biotechnology and social investment will be addressed.
The speakers’ programme includes:
- Erika Podest who will share ‘NASA: Viewing the Earth’s Climate from Space’.
- Klaus Hass who discusses the sustainability of metal packaging and the celebration of Canvironment Week.
- The topical and fascinating subject of Biomimicry is shared by Ruena Odendal who will deal with ‘Waste from challenge to opportunity’ and explore the lessons learnt from nature over the last 2 million years.
- Jonathan Deal will cast more light on ‘What the Frack is going on’.
- Michael Baretta and Camilla Howard give an update on their ‘Trekking for Trash’ campaign.
Win an Eco Home
Show visitors can win an Eco Home valued at R1,2 million, courtesy of a partnership between The Green Venture Group and The Green Expo.
The house will be built “off the grid” in the Wellington valley and all visitors to the expo will automatically be entered into the competition.
A green show
In keeping with its objectives, The Green Expo will be implementing green measures of its own:
- Waste reduction through the recycling of all paper and plastics
- The recycling of biodegradable waste through compost production
Low energy consumption at the event, through various energy-saving measures.