It’s a struggle. I get it!
Work / Life balance is a huge topic these days, and one that really needs some attention. I hear it all the time.
“ There’s just not enough time in the day to….” Filling in the blanks is almost consistent with most people I talk to.
- Accomplish all the tasks required of me
- Help my kids with their homework
- Get dinner ready, or better yet cook one
- Spend quality time with my loved one/s
- Attend events that I can network and promote
The list can go on and on. So, how do we figure out how to create a healthy work-life balance, all while managing and running a business and doing all you can to promote and still be a human being?
Create a Mindful Mindset Morning
In my opinion, I believe it really needs to start with a Mindful Mindset Morning. The number one thing that MUST come first and be the biggest priority is YOU!
Committing to yourself first is a must-do! Listen, I get it, I understand. You’re tired and at this point, sleep probably is already one of the things we are not getting enough of, nor do we want to sacrifice any more of it.
However, on the flip side, making and creating a sacred time for yourself each morning and keeping that a consistent and daily practice does not have to be or feel like a chore. Nor should it have to take any more than 10- 15 minutes to accomplish.
Let’s face it, you probably wake up and the first thing you do is check your phone… you probably end up wasting that 10-15 minutes just mindlessly scrolling or checking emails.
Which, in turn, is likely to begin your day immediately creating and causing anxiety and stress because now you’re thinking about even more things to add to the daily task list and/or how to respond to the emails and so on.
Here’s one idea on “How”
Set your alarm 15 minutes before you typically wake up. The minute you shut your alarm off, give grace/thanks for waking up and having a chance to begin another day.
Start with the attitude of gratitude. You’re ALIVE! That alone is a gift to be grateful for.
Next, think about today and how you would like that to go. Remember, in this moment that anything that didn’t happen or go well yesterday is now in the past.
Today is a fresh, new start to try all over again! A whole new beginning and look at it is a brand new “opportunity” to hit the “re-start” button.
Next, grab your coffee/tea, or whatever your daily morning starts off with and give yourself some quiet, uninterrupted space. Claim this as your “sacred place”.
* Side note; make sure anyone you share your home with (kids, spouse, roommate etc.) is aware that this is YOUR time. No questions, no interruptions, no needs are to be met for anyone else but you during this time. Be sure to set that boundary and be very clear with them all, including yourself. (Unless it’s an emergency of course)
Here’s one idea that you can implement
Grab a journal or notebook. Next, start out with some things you may be grateful for and why? Gratitude raises your vibration and believe it or not, can change the trajectory of how your morning will go as well as your day.
- Write down your goals for the day. I personally like to listen to subliminal music or inspirational music as I am writing, but whatever works for you. As you write down your goals, highlight the ones that are the most important to accomplish for today. In addition, I suggest claiming and declaring exactly how you would like to see your day go. (ie: Close that deal, enjoyable commute to work, receive the email you’ve been waiting on etc.)
- Another great idea is to allot a time for certain things. Such as, 1 hour of communication with my spouse, child, partner, this allows you to be emotionally, mentally, and physically “present” for that particular person and time. This also means, no responding to texts, emails, or distractions. Simply allocating that time for them and yourself to be present and in the moment.
- If working out or exercising is on that list, set the time you will do it and for how long. Just as you would if you had to attend a zoom or conference call.
- Transmute anything that no longer serves you, and claim what you want from the day. Say it out loud, write it down…see it in your mind, speak into existence and believe it will happen for you.
- My last suggestion is to read an excerpt or grab a quote book, something that will inspire you for the day. Write down that quote, mantra or thought. Maybe add it to your calendar or on a sticky note and bring it with you for the day. This will act as a constant reminder while it subconsciously sends you that reminder that you may need to maintain that same mindset and vibration as you go through the rest of your day.
These 10-15 minutes of being with yourself and your own thoughts while allowing that mental time to set the tone for your day will simply boost your vibration.
That vibration will attract all the good things to come back to you in return. Which equals a more balanced, happier, and easier day.