Company name: National Empowerment Fund
Contact number: +27 11 305 8000
Postal address: P.O. Box 31, Melrose Arch, Melrose North, 2076
Physical address: West Block, 187 Rivonia Road, Morningside, 2057
The National Empowerment Fund is a catalyst of Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment in South Africa.
We enable, develop, promote and implement innovative investment and transformation solutions to advance sustainable Black economic participation, in the economy.
Imbewu’s procurement finance product is a debt product aimed at financing working capital requirements associated with procurement contracts. The product enables BEE groups to access preferential procurement opportunities whilst simultaneously providing mechanisms aimed at mitigating NEF investment risk.
- Primarily short to medium term debt product
- Repayment terms matched to contract terms
- NEF funding generally limited to R10m
- Active BEE management participation
- Minimum black ownership of 50.1%
- Industry knowledge within the Borrower’s management structure
- NEF will seek to co-finance with commercial banks to mitigate risk
- NEF reserves the right to oblige applicant to participate in the NEF mentorship programme