In South Africa, burial remains the most popular end-of-life choice.
“Just how many burials take place is difficult to measure because there is a formal and an informal funeral industry in South Africa,” says Rey von Ronge, secretary of the National Funeral Directors’ Association, an industry watchdog organisation specialising in resolving disputes between undertakers and the public.
The following guide explains how you can open your own funeral home in South Africa and covers these topics:
- Franchise vs independent operators
- The cost of running a fully functional private funeral home
- Study the art of funeral directing
- Regulation for burial societies on the cards
- Pros and cons of funeral businesses