Business At A Glance
Used Furniture RetailerStartup Costs:
$10,000 – $50,000Online Operation?
Purchasing secondhand furniture at auction sales, garage sales, from classified advertisements, and estate sales is the starting point for opening a used furniture store, or reselling secondhand furniture right from your home.
There are a great number of benefits to starting a business that sells secondhand furniture:
- No special skills or equipment requirements.
- Relatively low initial start-up and monthly operating costs.
- Great profit potential, as used furniture can be marked up by 100 percent or more.
- Very little in the way of government regulations beyond a business license.
- Proven stable and profitable retail industry.