After the great success of the first International Trade Programme, which came to an end in June 2012, MEDO is proud to announce that submissions are now open for micro and small business owners to apply for a week-long International Trade Programme ‘Bootcamp’ to be held at the end of August.
The Bootcamp will consist of one full week’s schedule that includes training in the areas of doing business internationally, networking events and business pitches.
- Businesses must be registered with the CIPC, hold a B-BBEE certificate and have a product or service that can be traded internationally
- The entrepreneur must work full time in the business
- If selected for the Bootcamp, the entrepreneur must commit fully to the programme and be available for a week of local travel at the end of August (dates to be confirmed)
- If selected to for the Trade visit to theUK, the entrepreneur must have a valid passport and be available for 1 week’s travel at the end of September.
Nominate a small business
MEDO also invite individuals to nominate small businesses in their network to be considered for this International Trade Programme. Include a 100-word motivation for why you think this entrepreneur deserves a place in the Bootcamp, including some detail of the business and what it trades in.
Email your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 10 August.
Become a sponsor
Businesses that sponsor or co-sponsor of this programme will receive:
- Branding as a Trade Programme sponsor both in South Africa and the UK
- Full Code 600 B-BEEE Points to the Rand Value of your sponsorship
- A full page Advertisement in the MEDO Magazine for 3 months and the opportunity to contribute content to the Magazine
- Engage businesses in South Africa and the UK
- Contribute to SA’s Department of Trade & Industry’s and UK Trade & Investment’s goal to double trade between these two countries by 2015.
For more information about this or the first Trade Programme, visit the MEDO website on www.medo.co.za