On 2 October 2019, the foundations of marketing will be shaken for the beginning of a new kind of event experience that will address tomorrow’s problems today, says Carmen Murray, CEO of Boo-Yah! Modern marketing services and 2019 IAB Bookmarks Black Pixel winner.
To bring this magical event to life Boo-Yah! is collaborating with the University of Johannesburg’s (UJ) Department of Marketing Management who are celebrated as the most impactful researchers in Africa.
Boo Yah! and UJ Marketing is the perfect marriage to tear down the stale thinking and get factual about what is coming in the future. The event will be infused with fresh perspectives from some of the most thought-provoking speakers and will focus on bringing the speakers’ topics to life through storytelling, music, dance and sketches to inspire the necessary action that marketers need to take.
Speakers and topics include:
- Carmen Murray (CEO Boo Yah!): Why you should fire your “future fit” CMO
- Mo Malele (Content Producer and Performance Artist): My country needs me
- John Vlismas (Comedian and business oracle) – I4: The AI monster highlights the importance of humanity leading machines
- Hers & His partners Ingrid Lotze and Gavin Moffat: The culture dilemma of the 21st century *The good bad and ugle shaping the future of the business
- Pepe Marais (Joe Public United): The bolster strategy for a “purposeless” business
- Prof Herman Singh (Business Accelerate): The faux transformation of MarTech and Innovation and how to get back on track being #MarketingFit
- Daisy Thlapane (Human Behaviour specialist, ReboAne Acedemy): Trust the currency of the 21st century
- Bronwyn Williams (Flux Trends Futurist) – Attention Marketers: The future needs you – Why tomorrow is too important to be left to celebrities and rockstar technologists.
- Prof Mornay Roberts-Lombard (Professor, UJ Marketing) : The winners take it all, the loser standing small – winning vs losing CX strategies.
- Musa Kalenga (Bridge Labs and the House of Brave): Creative strategies to reach the woke and reluctant consumer
- Dr Melanie van Rooy (Former group Marketing Director at Dis-Chem): The data conundrums of the 21st century standing in the way of creative business models
- Mike Sharman – Solving tomorrow’s problems today with social storytelling
- Dr Beate Stiehler-Mulder (Senior lecturer, UJ Marketing): Effective research design architecture to unfold tomorrow’s problems, today.
Register for early-bird discounts
This event will break the moulds. Push the boundaries. Ban clichés and introduce new mantras in order to solve tomorrow’s problems today.
Register now for the Limited Early Bird offer and be ready to be shaken and highly entertained at what will be one of the most talked-about event-experiences of this year.
For more information or media enquiries contact: