Business At A Glance
Startup Costs: $10,000 – $50,000
Home Based: Can be operated from home.
Part Time: Can be operated part-time.
Online Operation? No
Music festivals are extremely popularentertainment events across North America, and becoming a musicfestival promoter is an outstanding opportunity for the entrepreneurthat is seeking to start a part-time business. The business concept isbasic and you can get started by first deciding what type of musicfestival or festivals you want to promote; country and western, jazz,rock, or folk. The choices are unlimited, as different music stylesappeal to everybody. Consider the following six-step process toestablishing the business.
- Secure a suitable location for the musicfestival, such as a park, beach, outdoor arena, or farmland.
- Applyfor and secure all required permits from local government agencies.
- Secure performers and vendors for the festival.
- Build alliances withco-sponsors for the event, such as TV and radio stations.
- Assemble avolunteer workforce to assist in operating the event. This can usuallybe accomplished by joining forces with a local charity that receives aportion of the admission sales.
- Print and sell tickets. There is agreat amount of research and planning required to organize and host amusic festival; however, once established the festival can be heldannually and even expanded to additional communities.